How do I empty the Cache?
In order to speed up web browsing, SHOE stores it's pages locally on your PC in cache. When you visit the same page again, your browser speeds up display time by loading the page locally from cache instead of downloading everything again. So Internet cache (also known as Temporary Internet files) stores the content of all web pages that you have visited (including pictures, animation, movies, other downloads, etc) during a session.
While it speeds up your surfing, it may happen, that a page still displays old infos or photos, although you have since uploaded new data. When this happens, you just need to clear your cache.
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" / "Internet Options"
2. Click the General tab.
3. Click Delete under the Browsing History section.
4. Uncheck every check box except for Temporary Internet Files.
5. Click Delete Files in the Delete Browsing History dialog box.
6. Click OK.
1. Click Tools and select Clear Private Data... (FF 3.5: Clear Recent History)
2. Select the option Cache
3. Click Clear Now
Firefox (all Versions)
1. Click Tools and select Options.
2. Click the Privacy icon on the Options menu bar.
3. Scroll down to the Private Data section.
4. Click the Settings button to open the Clear Private Data window.
5. Verify that the Cookies and Save Passwords boxes are not checked.
6. Click OK to close the Clear Private Data window.
7. Click Clear Private Data Now.
8. Click OK to close the Options window.
9. Close and reopen your browser.
1. Close your browser.
2. Click Start, select Settings and Control Panel.
3. Double-click Internet Options.
4. Click Delete Files.
5. Click OK on the Delete Files dialog box.
6. Click OK.